The Poetry of Creatures


It's one of those evenings that make me content with the choice I made over a year ago: to come back to Lebanon.

Sara Sibai

I had promised both poets I'd make them look like legends. Matter of fact they didn't need my help, they were there. I already hold deep admiration to Sara Sibai's performance. In fact I was just thinking of asking her later on to send me one of the poems she recited that night, but then, the idea got kicked out by the fact that a few lines won't simply do, I'd need a video recording, better yet, I'd need to watch her performing live. As for Omar, he shone like I've never seen a person shine before. I'm known for my bluntness, my abstention to compliment people; Omar was truly an energetic human, whose light was reflected within the letters of every word he recited.



Omar BR
I felt a bit uncomfortable though, embarrassed with the noise my camera's shutter kept making, such noise that broke the calamity of the evening and the serenity of Dar Bistro, but then, the scene I was having pictured in mind needed to be caught on camera. I knew everyone would excuse me and understand.

Throughout the evening, both poets invited the audience for some contribution as well, and what contribution that was! Last thing I expected was to witness the rogue dance of both emotions and reason in front of my eyes whenever a poem was screamed out loud. The amount of sorrow, hatred, love and peace kept popping out dandling tenderly on the coffee tables; some heads were looking up onto one direction, others were simply reaching out for an unseen world where the poem was taking place.


I hold but pure respect to both Sara and Omar, for their initiative replenished my faith in my choice and this tiny country, all drenched in chaos.





Comments

  1. I have a blog for my poems but I don't dare publish it as they are too personal. I never even read a poem of mine out loud for someone. Thumbs up for you Natheer, for the courage you have as you publish your thoughts, and for Sara and Omar, because, well, you did something I wouldn't dare do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous Confessions

The Tourist That Shall Never Leave

Forward Forum - The Booklet

The Death of Laurent Schwebel

Roadmap to a National Cycling Day

Superficial Birthday Wishes