My 30 Day Challenge - Day 13

Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.
(Read more about the 30-Day Challenge)

COLDPLAY
There is no room for doubt when trying to answer which is my favorite band of all time. Setting aside all the commercial aspect their fame gave them, or the fact that their music imposed their presence in the field of alternative style, I proudly am an old admirer, ever since their first single where actually very few knew of a band called "Coldplay". Back in those day there were still traces of Metallica and Nirvana fans, also mostly Pink Floyd people and surely the on-going wave of new pop singles. But I chose otherwise, in fact their music chose me.

Having spoke of it, how do you choose your favorite band? What are the criterion? Well personally, there is no other band, no other style that I can repeatedly and constantly listen to without ever getting bored nor feeling the itch to switch to the next track. Coldplay have been playing and composing now for more than TEN years, yes ten years, much longer than any other upcoming band at the time. And to my constant surprise, they always succeed in ameliorating their style to the next level, thus attracting a broader piece of good music tasters.

Frankly, one of the dream goals I've set to myself to achieve before dying was to attend a coldplay concert. Fingers Crossed :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous Confessions

The Tourist That Shall Never Leave

Forward Forum - The Booklet

The Death of Laurent Schwebel

Roadmap to a National Cycling Day

Superficial Birthday Wishes